Friday, April 17, 2009

I asked the boys to pose for a photo...

Can you believe they posed for this?! I was so excited to get this picture of our boys on Thursday! My mom and I led Leroy and Lucas (front row, left to right) outside to their very own pasture yesterday. It's right next to our older boys' pasture (left to right Iggy, Nuno, Rico).

The little guys were so happy to be out - we've had them in the barn since they were weaned late last year. Now they are getting some sunshine and maybe even a little rain this weekend. That would be good for them because the rain will give them a better "suri look" and help tighten up their locks a little. That will be great for next weekend's alpaca show.

Lucas is getting better on the lead now...he at least isn't dropping to the ground and insisting we drag him. I'm still a little nervous with the show coming up, but I think he'll be fine. We'll take him, Leroy and Frances for a walk or two this weekend to get them used to it. Plus I'll still be working with them during the week leading up to the show.

I'm also going to add them to our Alpaca Nation and Alpaca Street websites now that I've gotten some new pictures of them. At this time next week, we'll be on our way to the Alliant Energy Center in Madison for the Great Midwest Alpaca Festival!

No comments: