Monday, September 7, 2009

Fruits of our labor


Happy Labor Day!

Check out the plums on our plum tree at the farm! We had lots of plums and lots of apples in our "mini orchard" this year. As I type this, my mom has a home made apple pie baking in the oven and it smells deee-licious!!

I realize that for many people Labor Day weekend is a time to relax, but I don't know that we've ever done that at the farm. For us, it's an extra weekend day to get more projects done. I got some work done at home, thanks to my boyfriend. We put up a rain gutter on my house and dug up and "reset" my patio blocks which have been moved over the years by tunnelling chipmunks. It was a lot of work so I was very disappointed to see a small hole next to the patio this afternoon with a pile of gravel next to it. Nasty little rodent!

Once I finished with my home projects yesterday, I headed back to the farm just in time to put three loads of hay up in the loft. After putting the hay up, we fed the animals and I was about to collapse by dinner time around 5:30!

I was hoping Labor Day would produce an extra cria at the farm, but Misty is still holding out. She's looking good, has a great appetite, and seems in no hurry to "criate" the newest addition to our alpaca family.

Victor is looking good, too. I can see he's getting taller. I'm sure he will be very excited to have a new playmate. As usual, I'll keep you posted...

No comments: