Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's cold!

I've added a new gadget to the blog. I wanted to add just a simple gadget that would tell you the temperature here in Marinette, but then I saw the Doppler Radar gadget and thought that would be really cool. Well, I've got a dial-up connection so all I see is a blur. I may change it in another day or two if it doesn't work.

It was warm on Sunday, in the 30's and raining all afternoon. Then it got really windy during the evening and temperatures were in the single digits and negatives during the night so it all froze. Windchills are in the negatives...I admit I haven't listened very closely to the weather because I don't want to know the windchill! I saw earlier tonight the temperature was a nippy 5 degrees F. I hear the wind howling outside my window every now and then and I'll bet it's even colder than 5 degrees now. Burr!

Everybody in the barn got extra straw to lay on because otherwise the concrete is way too cold. The boys in the shelters outside have a lot of hay - that they waste - to lay on so they will be fine. Of course they've also got all that warm fiber to keep them warm too. Their shelters actually stay pretty cozy and keep them protected from the wind. They all seem to be handling this weather fine but we keep an eye on them to make sure they are comfortable and have water to drink and hay to nibble on during the day.

Great news...Misty has been confirmed pregnant. Now we just have to figure out when to make the trip to pick her up. Hopefully we'll have good weather and no snow on the day we make the drive.

No comments: