Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone has had a safe and happy New Year so far. Here's a photo of what 2009, and actually the last month of 2008, has looked like for us. This is the road to our farm and I thought I'd take some pictures to remember how pretty it looks with all the snow and ice on the tree branches.

Monday morning on my drive to work it was -4 degrees and today it was in the 20s. We had more snow today and expect more later this week. We're hoping to drive down to southern Wisconsin to pick Misty up from another farm. After she lost her pregnancy this summer, we needed to rebreed her. I'm praying for good weather for our drive because it's no fun towing a livestock trailer on slippery roads, especially with a pregnant alpaca in the back!
I received an update from the American Alpaca Fiber Federation recently about the denim show in Paris. It sounds like there was a tremendous interest in the alpaca denim product with over 70 mills, manufacturers, retailers and designers interested in samples of the new Alpaca Fiber - Cotton Denim! Stay tuned on this one... there is sure to be more good news as the AAFF follows up with all of these leads over the next few months. Did I mention that some of those interested in the product were top designers like Salvatore Ferragamo and Versace as well as Gap, Levi, Tommy Hilfiger, Old Navy and more? Very cool!

That's all for tonight. I'll plan to post again this weekend. Stay warm!

No comments: